About Me

My photo
I think i define'starving artist'. While trying to paint & make a dollar these shoes were born.

Thursday, May 7, 2009

Centaur Dreams - A skater's fantasy.

"I want a morphed animal, like something that can kill and something furry. You chose!"

Oh, super Tal . . .
WTF

So Tal likes to wear unicorn shirts (see exhibit A. left) and trucker T's with underwater mystical animals on them (think dolphins with universe backgrounds) - but this request was impressive. Even for him.

But skater dudes are weird right? Right.

I started racking my brain for furry killer combos that would make a rad design. However the best my spent mind could come up with was a Rhino and a Bunny ::yawns:: Booooooring.

Perplexed I dropped the fuzzy fiend mammal idea and began to think outside the box. "What," I asked myself, "is mystical and heroic. A killing machine and yet a love maker, and fucking awesome?"

Then he came to me, standing in my psyche - hair blowing in the wind, mustache bold and blonde... half man, half horse. Gayer than gay, more mystical then most - and yet strangely erotic - The Centaur.

Boooya - Design idea = SOLID.


































And the Centaur shoes were born into all their mystical glory. Hooray!! I hope you love them Tal, you crazy sonofa...

1 comment:

Chazaam said...

to note: i like how they're shot on a manhole cover...wow, the levels...peels back like an onion.